Friday 4 October 2013

Chit Chat Friday with Cute Graffiti


I discovered Cute Graffiti at Bubble back in January. I was walking along the isles at Bubble waiting for something fun to jump out at me and low and behold, Cute Graffiti, with their bold colours and printed tees drew me in. Jackie, the designer of Cute Graffiti talked me through the collection and right then I knew I was sold. I am very picky about the hand of a t-shirt, I want it to be really soft and their t-shirts were really soft and I appreciated that. And not only did they feel good the prints were great too. It's not necessary to over print kids t-shirts. The best tees are the ones with a simple design that the little ones can related too or recognise the print. This is exactly what Cute Graffiti does, they combine great quality tees with great eye-catching designs that your little one is sure to love!!!! 
http://www.cutegraffiti.com

I had a nice chit chat with Jackie and this is what she had to say:


1.    WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO START CUTE GRAFITTI?

I was always passionate about fashion and designing, and when I had my two boys, the focus moved onto them and what they were wearing. I wanted to design and create individual pieces that stood out. Cute Graffiti is all about the prints, bold statement prints. Every design I create is with my own children in mind.


2.    WHAT INSPIRED YOUR LAST COLLECTION?

      I find inspiration everywhere I look, sometimes I see something   completely random and it triggers an idea that results in a design. ‘Born to be wild’ was definitely inspired by my youngest son Finn!


3.    HOW DOES CUTE GRAFITTI STAND OUR FROM OTHER BRANDS?

  Cute Graffiti is all about the bold prints, its fun and fierce. Slightly
  edgy, but wearable for both boys & girls. I strive to produce only
  ethically produced garments, and moving forward, future collections
  will be 100% organic.

4.    BESIDES YOUR OWN BRAND, WHAT ARE YOUR FAVOURITE KIDS
           DESIGNERS AT THE MOMENT?

 I love NUNUNU!

5.    IF YOU COULD COLLABORATE WITH ANYONE IN THE WORLD, WHO WOULD THIS BE? WHY?

 Banksy!! Because he is a graffiti legend.


6.    DO YOU HAVE A FAVOURITE CAFÉ, BOOKSHOP, MUSEUM, PARK, ETC THAT YOU CAN GO AND GAIN INSPIRAITON FROM?

If I’m in need of inspiration, I jump on a train to Shoreditch, and take a walk down to Brick Lane. The street art there is just phenomenal, everywhere you look there is art, even the lamp posts are wrapped in coloured wool!

7.    WHAT’S THE BEST ADVICE SOMEONE HAS GIVEN YOU?

Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.


8.    WHAT ADVICE CAN YOU GIVE TO US?

Anything is possible if you want it bad enough. Believe fiercely in what you are doing, and don’t give up!


9.    ANY EXCITING PLANS OR NEWS YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE WITH US?

I am proud to say that from our next collection onwards, all Cute Graffiti
garments will be made from 100% organic cotton. Exciting new prints and pieces
to come.. including some fabulous knitted headwear for AW14!!


Edith wearing Cute Graffiti in Gurgle Magazine!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...