Tuesday 12 November 2013

Tunage Tuesday: Anna Calvi



Photo by Roger Deckker

Let's talk about Anna Calvi for a moment. The porcelain skinned beauty has released yet another great album, One Breathe. I first was introduced to Anna, I believe 4 years ago. My husband and I had tickets to see Braids at XOYO and Anna was on the bill as an opening act. I listened to Calvi before the show, but wasn't that into her. My poor husband was so sick and was kind enough to come for a bit, but left right before Anna came on. I told him if wanted to leave he should leave before Anna, cause I didn't think it was going to be that good. Well, I had to stick my foot in my mouth. I am the first to admit, I was completely wrong about Anna Calvi. 

When she came on stage, she owned the room, it went completely silent and when she started singing, I literately had chills. It was like she just walked off the Twilight set, with her fair skin and bright red lips. She was absolutely stunning! And from that moment on, I was a huge Anna Calvi fan. How could you not be? She was amazing!

With a brand new album out now, she was taken us my storm again with her haunting vocals and emotional lyrics. Grab yourself a tea and treat yourself to Anna Calvi's new album, One Breathe. http://annacalvi.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...