Friday 2 August 2013

Chit Chat Friday with Loud Apparel






I am very happy to have Serena, owner of Loud Apparel on the blog today. Her style is very similar to mine: tattoos, piercings, love to wear black, and we also like our kids to be cutting edge. I had been familiar with Loud Apparel for some time, but it wasn't til this year's Bubble that I got really excited about her new collections! I basically want to wear her collection, it's black and white with some colour thrown in, but with very interesting shapes that are bound to make your little one stand out from the crowd! I know what Edith will be wearing this season but don't just take my word for it, you need to check it out for yourself. AW 13 is about to hit stores now!!!!
www.loud-apparel.com

I had a lovely chit chat with Serena. Read on to find out more!!!!

1.    TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF. WHAT IS YOUR BACKGROUND?

I am Italian, from Tuscany living in London for many years now. I came to have some fun when I was younger and more rebellious and circumstances kept here till now. I have a BA Hons Degree in Fashion Design technology/pattern cutting held at the university of Arts, London college of Fashion. While I was studying and afterwards I did some work-experiences in London and abroad. To name a few, I stayed at KINDER AGGUGINI for few collections, I had a broad skillful work experience in a independent designer/made to measure fashion house ANDROULLA TOUMAZOS, I was in the design team of design studio MAGAZZINI DEL SALE in Italy and done other freelance experiences…

2.    HOW LONG HAS LOUG APPAREL BEEN AROUND? HOW DID THE IDEA FOR LOUD APPAREL COME ABOUT?

LOUD APPAREL was born in 2010. After my son, Zion was born he has been my inspiration to translate my passion for style and design into the children world. Living also in the trendy area of east London where my neighbors are FLEET ILYA, CHRIS & TIBOR and CHRISTOPHER KANE to name a few I just wanted to create something also cutting-edge for the small ones.

3.    WHERE DO YOU GAIN INSPIRATION FOR EACH COLLECTION?

The inspiration is the translation of myself, my style and what I am and what I love. I am an anti-conformist and, I don’t like the ordinary, I have piercings, tattoos, I wear mostly black and colors not at all…and also just walking everyday around my neighborhood is a great inspiration.

4.    LIVING IN LONDON DOES THIS INFLUENCE YOUR COLLECTION?

Yes of course this is the philosophy of the brand, an amalgamation of London creativity where I live and the Italian minimalism design.

5.    DO YOU LISTEN TO MUSIC WHILE YOU DESIGN? IF YES, WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO AT THE MOMENT?

Yes I do. I love classical music, I have been doing ballet for many years in my childhood, Yann Tiersen, Ludovico Einaudi my favourite but I go to extreme side of loving Muse, Prodigy and all the underground sound systems of my past raving times…

6.    BESIDES YOUR OWN LINE, WHO ARE YOUR FAVOURITE CHILDRENSWEAR DESIGNERS?

There are some great brands around at the moment, I just came back from Paris tradeshow Playtime and I was amazed to see how many great styles there are…of course I like New Generals, The Brand and Nununu which are quite on the same style as Loud Apparel but I also love the style of my friend Syreeta-Indikidual, I like Atsuyo et Akiko, Bang Bang Copenhagen is great, Le Vestiaire De Jeanne and the classics of Hucklebones and Jessie and James.


7.    WHO ARE YOUR FAVOURITE WOMENSWEAR DESIGNERS?

Rick Owens is my favourite, Yamamoto, Comme des Garcons, Marithe+ Francois Girbaud, Balenciaga.

8.    IF YOU COULD COLLABORATE WITH ANYONE IN THE WORLD, WHO WOULD THIS BE? WHY?

With the designer I just mentioned you, because I adore their style

9.    WHAT IS THE BEST ADVICE YOU HAVE RECEIVED?

Recently speaking with my friend and neighbor Fleet Ilya, he has told me
“Continue for the road that you are now…Rome has not being built in one day!”

10.   ANY EXCITING NEWS OR PLANS YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE WITH US?

We are about to deliver to all our customers our winter collection LOUD APPAREL AW13 and it looks great, we are in terms to be appointed with a representative agency from New York…news coming soon!

Pictures from AW 13 out soon!!!!!





And photos from her SS14 Collection!!!!







1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...