Thursday 22 November 2012

Happy Thanksgiving- What Are You Thankful for?

Happy Thanksgiving fellow Americans!!!! I always love Thanksgiving. For my family, it's just as big as Christmas, well the meal is at least. I'm not with my family on most Thanksgivings as I leave here in London, but I am very thankful to have my own family and friends to share it with. 

Before I get to deep, I'll start with the fun bit. Edith's dream Thanksgiving outfit:


Feather Headpiece, Tutu du Monde, www.orfeo.com
Gloria Dress, Dominique Ver Eeke, www.thumbeline.com
Red Tights, Kidscase, www.thumbeline.com
Grey Hoodie, Talc, www.thaliaetbubu.com

I wanted to put together a dream outfit for myself, but the list was too long and I couldn't decide.
Now for the serious bit. I won't always do this, I promise, but as it is Thanksgiving, I felt the need to say what I am thankful for.
This year has been a really tough year to say the least. When I was 30 weeks pregnant back in March, I went to the Triage Ward at the Whittington with what I thought was a migraine. Well that "what I thought was a migraine" was a brain hemorrhage in the left side of my brain. I was prepped for surgery just in case they had to proceed with an emergency c-section and rushed to The National Hospital in Queens Square. After an angiogram they decided to wait on delivering my little girl right then but to wait til she was 35 weeks. In the meantime I went through many MRIs and dealt with excruciating pain. Come to find out I have a condition called AVM(Arteriovenous malformation) Basically in a part of my brain there are no capillaries to pump the blood back to the heart so if my blood pressure happens to rise(as it can do in pregnancy) the blood has no place to go but out into the brain causing a bleed. 
After going through a procedure called Embolization and Gamma Knife Radiation I am now trying to move on with my life. When you go through such a serious event in your life, you really put things into perspective. There's no time for waisting your energy on things you don't love. I had to really figure out what I wanted for myself and my family. All I know is that I want to live everyday laughing and smiling with my little Edith and my husband Jules. I can't put into words how much I love my husband and how incredibly amazing he is and how strong he has been during this year for our family. Jules you are the most amazing man I have ever met in my entire life. Thank you for the love and support you have given to me and to our beautiful little girl.


So on that note, as you can probably tell, I am thankful for my life, my little girl Edith, my husband Jules and  my family(parents, grandparents, sister and niece)!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!! Now go eat lots of Turkey!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...