Friday 6 June 2014

Chit Chat Friday with Little Icons


I've been a big fan of Nicky from kidswear agency, Little Icons for some time now. I use to buy brands from Nicky back when I had my business. I always looked forward to my buying appointment at her Old Street Studio and looking through the new collections from the amazing brands she represented: American Outfitters, Finger in the Nose, Kidscase just to name a few. To this day she is representing a strong collection of the top kids brands out there and growing her business with new designers each season. With an eye for what's trendy and a knowledge for what sells, Nicky is the lady to go to during buying season! If you are a kidswear boutique, get a hold of Nicky, she can provide you with great brands to stock! 
http://littleicons.co.uk

     1.  TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF. WHAT IS YOUR BACKGROUND?
I have been in fashion sales since university, working for myself to enable me to move to London in the 1980s, lost of fun, then for brands based in Hyper Hyper, Kensington, most of you won’t have heard of that but a very cool time! Then I had to get a proper job so Rifat Ozbek for womenswear and then Fourmarketing for women’s and childrenswear provided me with huge amount of training and insight into our industry.

       2.  WHAT GAVE YOU THE IDEA TO START LITTLE ICONS?
After 12 years working in ladieswear and childrenswear at Fourmarketing, a leading distributor in the Uk, I decided to start my own agency just before the birth of my third child. I was really enjoying the childrenswear industry and heading up the division there so I thought working for myself would provide me with the flexibility I need to balance work and family life. I didn't want to have a break from work with the baby so she came along too.

      3.  WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR WHEN REPRESENTING A BRAND?
It seems instinctive; I think childrenswear really is like that. I look for something that does not take anything away from my current brands but is still aiming at the same core market. I also like to have a quick rapport with the people behind the brand which makes work a pleasure!

      4.  DO YOU HAVE A FAVOURITE TREND AT THE MOMENT?
As well as the Northern European feel that is really established here in London but still filtering through to the rest of the country, I am also getting rather excited about the new retro feel, the slightly smarter image coming through in men’s and women’s is filtering through to kidswear.

      5.  WHAT BRANDS DO YOU LOVE FOR YOUR LITTLE ONES?
Finger in the Nose has been with me since I started, and before that, so my daughters have worn this and looked so cool for the last 9 years and it never ceases to excite us.

      6.  WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE MORE OF IN CHILDRENSWEAR?
More shops! Bricks and mortar in local areas are so gorgeous

      7.  IF YOU COULD WORK WITH ANY BRAND, WHAT BRAND WOULD THIS BE? WHY? John Galliano, it is nothing like my others but I launched it for them at Fourmarketing and still love to look at what they do each season, its such an eccentric collection

      8.  BEING VERY FASHIONABLE YOURSELF, HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR STYLE? WHAT WOMENSWEAR BRANDS DO YOU LOVE? 
      Not sure about that! I love Margiela MM6 for a special purchase, Missoni for dressy summers; jeans are still a major part of my life though.

      9.  WHAT’S THE BEST ADVICE SOMEONE HAS GIVEN YOU? 
      Be organized, I like to be organized so that helps, and read through your emails before you send them.

      10.  WHAT ADVICE CAN YOU GIVE TO US? 
      Always be honest and always get back to every query

      11.  FAVOURITE PLACE IN LONDON WITH KIDS? FAVOURITE PLACE IN   LONDON WITHOUT KIDS? 
      With kids London Fields where we live, London Zoo and Hampstead Heath, without - the Aveda spa

      12.  HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT ABOUT STARTING YOUR OWN BRAND? 
      No, there are so many great brands I am here only to help


      13.  ANY EXCITING NEWS OR SOMETHING YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE WITH US REGARDING LITTLE ICONS? 
      New boys brand from Japan for Ss2015, what everyone has been asking me for so long, last minute announcement coming soon x


Antik Batik

Miss Hall
Boys&Girls
Gro
American Outfitters
Raspberry Plum
Shampoodle
Finger in the Nose

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...