Friday 28 February 2014

Chit Chat Friday with Gray Label




     


I am so excited to have Emily Gray, owner and designer of Gray Label as my chit chat guest today! I have been a fan of Gray label for sometime now. I fell in love with Gray Label because of the minimalistic approach to kidswear. Everyday comfortable clothes that look good, my perfect brand. She like many other mothers want clothes that can be worn all year round and especially living in England, this is a necessity. I had a lovely chit chat with Emily, read on to find out more about Gray Label!!!!  


     1.    TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF? WHAT IS YOUR BACKGROUND?
     Emily Gray, Born in London, 32 years old, living in Amsterdam with my 2 kids and husband. Finished the study of Concept & Brands at the Amsterdam Fashion Institute. Went traveling in South America, discovered a beautiful Argentinean brand. While back in Amsterdam decided to try and import this brand into Europe. Succeeded. Did this for 2 years with a lot of enthusiasm and success. After finding out I was pregnant, I focused on baby clothing and baby stuff in The Netherlands. I came to the conclusion that this did not made me happy at all, with all the bright colours, Hello Kitties and Cars on shirts. I visited my sister-in-law who lives in Paris and was so intrigued by the beautiful Parisian baby world. From that moment on I was hooked and so inspired I decided to start a business in children’s clothing.

     I wanted to create a brand which was organic, minimalistic, unisex and with a warm French touch. Organic because I think it is very important. I live quite a conscience lifestyle filled with healthy foods, pure ingredients, natural products and so on…and I wanted to show that organic/sustainable clothing does not have to be boring and ugly. I needed the collection to be in soft tone colours and styles so everything could be combined together and worn all year round. I use the softest organic cotton to ensure every day comfort and practicality.

     2.    WHAT DISGUISHES GRAY LABEL FROM OTHER BRANDS?
Year round, organic, soft, unisex

     3.    WHAT INSPIRES YOUR COLLECTIONS?
My kids, my travels & Magazines

     4.    WHERE DO YOU GAIN INSPIRATION? DO YOU HAVE A FAVOURITE MUSEUM, CAFÉ, GALLERY, ETC YOU GO TO FOR INSPIRATION?
Anywhere where I go without kids apart from homeJ. I gain even inspiration on my trips to check my production In Portugal.

     5.    DO YOU LISTEN TO MUSIC WHILE YOU ARE DESIGNING, IF YES, WHO IS ON YOUR IPOD RIGHT NOW? 
     Yesss always IbizaGlobel Radio J! (We have lived there for one year, last year.)

     6.    IF YOU COULD COLLABORATE WITH ANYONE IN THE WORLD, WHO WOULD THIS BE? WHY?
     Most inspiring person: Angelina Jolie (what an amazing strong women she is, especially after seeing her award winning speech.
     Brand: Bonton, French brand that I admire to create a amazing kids world.
     Store: Merci in Paris. Love the idea behind the store

     7.    DO YOU HAVE SOMEONE YOU LOOK UP TO OR RESPECT, SOMEONE YOU ASPIRE TO?
My husband J. I admire the way he creates new businesses and how he approaches things..

     8.    WHAT IS THE BEST ADVICE YOU HAVE RECEIVED?
Follow your own way and listen to your tummy feeling

     9.    WHAT ADVICE DO YOU HAVE FOR US?
Write a lot about Gray Label J!

     10.  ANY EXCITING NEWS OR PLANS FOR GRAY LABEL YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE WITH US?Working on a newborn collection and a dollyproject J. I cannot tell more…

     11.  WHAT IS YOUR NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTION?

 Enjoy even more the little moments!!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...