Friday 27 September 2013

Chit Chat Friday with littlepopup


I just have to say, thank god for the internet and email because without it connecting  with so many amazing people would be impossible. Like Dimitra from littlepopup for example. I've been following Dimitra from littlepopup for sometime. I was intrigued by her work with Quirky Collective, Noe & Zoe and recently Erdbaer. And because I love what she does so much, I got in touch to chat with her about what she does.

littlepopup specilises in interactive popups for the whole family to enjoy, whether it be a popup shopping experience or an event with music and film, etc. littlepopup is a meeting point for families to gather and enjoy there artistic surroundings. If you have room to fill then Dimitra is at your service to make that room an experience for you to enjoy. Although based in Berlin, Dimitra will travel the world to make the best popup for you!!!! Get in touch and let her transform your imagination into a reality!!!!

http://www.littlepopup.com

I had a chit chat with Dimitra and this is what she had to say:


1. TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF. WHAT IS YOUR BACKGROUND?

Born and raised in Athens, lived in Belgium for 3 years as a kid and now 9 years in Berlin. I studied Marketing but as my mother has been transforming artistically everything in her life, I went to her creative school as well! Since having my own kids, I’ve dedicated myself to playing with them and making creative events for kids/families..

2. LITTLEPOPUP SPECIALIZES IN INTERACTIVE POPUPS ALL OVER THE WORLD, WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO START LITTLEPOPUP? HOW DID THE IDEA COME ABOUT? WHAT IS LITTLEPOPUP, WHAT DOES IT STAND FOR?

As a mom it is very important for me to create a world where I identify myself and that I can share with my kids. 2 Years ago, I wanted to open up a space for kids. With this and that and a combination of ideas, from previous projects [PlayLOVEPop, Bang Bang Berlin], it became very clear to me that my job was to make creative popup shops and advertise innovatively, transform spaces, organize artistic events and introduce anything for kids while offering families cool events to be part of. So littlepopup developed as the popup event for families and kids! And since then I am creatively setting up introducing fashion, arts, creative playing and more. [littlepopup] is based in Berlin but not only..

3. WHEN WORKING WITH EACH CLIENT, DO THEY HAVE AN IDEA OF WHAT THEY ARE TRYING TO PORTRAY OR DO YOU HELP THEM COME UP WITH A FASCINATING IDEA?

Each brand inspires me in a unique way, but I am also open to hear the client’s wishes to reach an optimal result.

4. WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR INSPIRATION FOR EACH EVENT? DO YOU HAVE A FAVOURITE CAFÉ, BOOKSHOP, SHOP, BLOG, WEBSITE, MUSEUM, ETC THAT INSPIRES YOU?

From everyday life! I love to watch the people on the streets, especially in Berlin, and I always keep faith that magical ideas happen. Also playing with kids awakens me and bam, there go the ideas!
Besides that, a source of inspiration is Pinterest, lovely Deborah Beau and her shop Kickcan & Conkers, Modulor in Berlin and going out for dancing!

5. WHAT HAS BEEN THE BEST POP UP EXPERIENCE YET?

The collaboration with Quirky Collective and Himbeer was amazing and also the popup at Kleine Fabriek had a super vibe.

6. WHO ARE YOUR FAVOURITE CHILDRENSWEAR DESIGNERS AT THE MOMENT?

All the brands I have worked with and to mention some: Esp No1, Googoo & Gaga, Littl by Lilit, Noé & Zoë, and would love to work with more brands such as Finger in the Nose , Mini and Maximus, Mini Rodini, Noro Paris, UNKK.

7. LIVING IN BERLIN MUST BE SO INSPIRATIONAL, FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS NEVER BEEN BUT WANTS TO COME VISIT, WHAT IS THE ONE THING THEY MUST SEE OR DO?

The littlepopup events!! And the unique popup restaurants or underground dining experiences.
With kids I would recommend to visit the cool parks, playgrounds and kindercafes. Kinderwirtschaft is a lovely space for kids.

8. WHAT’S THE BEST THING ABOUT WORKING WITH KIDS, CREATING A SPACE FOR THEM TO ENJOY?

How much they love and appreciate space and time and what they can make out of it! For me kids are also a great source of inspiration and good energy.

9. IF YOU COULD COLLABORATE WITH ANYONE IN THE WORLD, WHO WOULD THIS BE? WHY?

It would be fantastic to collaborate in more projects with Noa Haim. We have strong team work and we can make unique ideas together. And it would be a dream to work with many more artists, designers who love kids and have the wish to share their knowledge with them.

10. WHAT’S THE BEST ADVICE SOMEONE HAS GIVEN YOU?

The best advice is from my mother’s actions in life that translates into: Winners never quit, quitters never win.

11. WHAT ADVICE CAN YOU GIVE TO US?

Keep up your great blog! Love it..

12. ANY EXCITING NEWS, EVENTS, HAPPENING SOON THAT YOU WOULD  LIKE TO SHARE WITH US?

Yes the participation at the little fashion week [littlefashionweek.com] in Brussels at February 28- March 2nd.  Participants are still welcome..



Erdbaer Popup

Erdbaer Popup

Himbeer Popup

Quirky Collective Popup

Himbeer Popup

Himbeer Popup

Kleine Fabrik

Likofabrik

Six Dogs Popup

Six Dogs Popup


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...