Friday 19 July 2013

Chit Chat Friday: Freshly Picked Moccasins


Chit Chat with Freshly Picked Moccasins


I can't tell you how much I love shoes and I guarantee you I will pass this on to the little miss. It's inevitable. I know Papa's not gonna like this but I tell ya, a girl needs her shoes! And to get the little one started off right, Freshly Picked Moccasins is the way to go! Beautifully crafted 100% genuine leather moccasins made in the USA, Utah to be exact. Freshly Picked Moccasins are unique, stylish, comfortable and they come in an array of colours. Your little one could have a pair for every outfit, that's what I'm talking about!
I had a lovely chit chat with the lovely Susan from Freshly Picked, read on to find out what she has to say. Oh and get online and buy your little one a pair of moccasins right now!



    1.    TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF. WHAT IS YOUR BACKGROUND?

I was born in Delta, Utah. I come from a big family, I have 3 sisters and 2 brothers. I'm the third and am a classic middle child. When I was 10 my family relocated to Pasco, Washington. I went to Middle School and High School (go bulldogs) there. I left home at 18 and lived in Portland and Colorado and finally landed in Utah. My husband and I went to the same high-school but were reacquainted through his cousin/my best friend when I moved to Utah. We spent the winter of 2003 falling in love on the slopes, we're both avid snowboarders and we were married in August of 2004. I didn't start school until after we were married. I went to LDS Business School, but never finished. Our daughter Hattie, was born Summer of 2006. The following summer 2007 is when I started selling hand made items online and in 2009, I started selling Freshly Picked Moccasins online. Once the moccasins took off, I've focused exclusively on those.


     2.    HOW LONG HAS FRESHLY PICKED BEEN AROUND? HOW DID THE IDEA FOR FRESHLY PICKED COME ABOUT?

I always knew that I wanted to work from home and having children cemented that feeling. When I was looking for a career, I focused mainly on things that I would be able to do from home, which at the time wasn't much. When I started Freshly Picked it was simply because a friend of mine had told me that she was going to make 'stuff' and sell it online. I thought to myself, for sure I can do that. So I taught myself how to sew and got started.

     3.    WHAT INFLUENCES YOUR DESIGNS?

My Children

     4.    DO YOU HAVE A FAVOURITE PLACE, CAFÉ, BOOKSHOP YOU CAN GO TO GAIN INSPRIATION?

Not really, I basically work all day and I live for the weekend, If I can have a weekend full of my family and unplugged, my inspiration soars.

     5.    DO YOU LISTEN TO MUSIC WHILE YOU DESIGN? IF SO, WHO ARE YOU LISTENING TO AT THE MOMENT?

No, but when I am in my car, you can bet I’m car dancing to Beyonce, either, Who Run the World, Girls! or Love on Top.

     6.    WHO ARE YOUR FAVOURITE CHILDRENSWEAR DESIGNERS?

Little Hip Squeaks, Thief and Bandit, I really like what Passive Juice Motel is doing. I really respect designers that strive to be original. It’s not what you do, it’s how you do it. Put your own spin on it!

     7.    HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR STYLE? WHO ARE YOUR FAVOURITE WOMENSWEAR DESIGNERS?

I’m a uniform gal and most of my pieces are American Apparel basics, black t-shirt and black jeans. It’s really easy and I hardly ever have to think about what I’m wearing. If I could afford it, I’m in love with absolutely everything that Proenza Schouler does.

     8.    IF YOU COULD COLLABORATE WITH ANYONE IN THE WORLD, WHO WOULD THIS BE? WHY?

I feel really lucky to collaborate with the people and customers and bloggers that I get too. However, I would LOVE to intern for Seth Godin.

     9.    WHAT’S THE BEST ADVICE SOMEONE HAS GIVEN YOU?

Do what you do best and hire out the rest.

     10.  WHAT ADVICE CAN YOU GIVE TO US?

Conan has said it best, ‘If you work hard and are kind, amazing things will happen.’

  11. ANY EXCITING NEWS OR PLANS YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE WITH US?

Yes! We are going to launch our annual Freshly Picked Dream Scholarship Fund this year. Sometime before the end of the summer, we will be giving away $5,000 to an entrepreneur who is trying to make their dream a reality, so watch for that!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...