Monday 17 June 2013

Inspirational Monday: Bubble, Bubble, Bubble



I had a glorious time at Bubble yesterday chatting to old friends and making new! I was there to scope out the new arising talent but also there supporting Jake and Maya's Spring/Summer 2013 launch. I had a few pieces in their collection, but more on that later!

So just to warn you, this will be a long post as there is so much to share with you, but I do encourage you to read on as I will be sharing my tops picks from Bubble and the trends for SS 14. You will enjoy reading I promise!

So that's crack on shall we. 

Brands that I would like to talk about today are as follows:
BEAU LOVES
CORBY TINDERSTICKS
CUTE GRAFFITI
INDIKDIUAL
LITTLE TITANS
LOUD APPAREL
MICUMACU
MILK AND ROCK
MISS POIS
NUNUNU
WINKBABY

AND JAKE AND MAYA COLLECTIVE!




IN THE ENTRANCE WAY AT BUBBLE- DONNA WILSON

BUBBLE
BEAU LOVES
As always, Beau Loves out did themselves again. Faye, the designer, is always on top of her game bringing us such amazing prints that are wearable and super fun! This season Faye added some new colours to the collection, mint greens and purples.These new colours really bring the collection together. They have now started venturing into bedding and it's fabulous. I personally think it was a smart move as there is definitely a need for cool bedding! I know I had issues finding cool bedding for my little one's room but now I think I may have found it!






CORBY TINDERSTICKS
I've been following Corby for awhile now, but I am really into their collection this season. The clothing collection is made in the UK out of 100% cotton and their toys are made from organic hemp jersey. This collection is fun, environmental friendly and looks great!







CUTE GRAFFITI
Cute Graffiti is a new British Brand with a contemporary take on children's fashion. All their designs are hand drawn and screen printed in the Uk. I am a big sucker for cool tees for kids, Cute Graffiti really caught my attention. The designs are simple but eye catching and different then the tees already out there. I'm super excited for them!




INDIKIDUAL

Syreeta from Indikidual has brought us another lovely collection. This season was inspired by her daughters jellyfish drawings. 




LITTLE TITANS
Last season Little Titans blew the kids industry away with their inspiring tights for boys. It was something new and fresh and for once, focusing on the those little lads. This season they inspire us again with great new designs. They had designed some great pillows just for their stand but I think they should start producing those babies! They are excellent!
Yes, these tights are meant for boys, but this doesn't stop me from putting Edith in them! They are just too cool not too!





LOUD APPAREL

Now I know black and white are not for every parent, but for some of us, black and white dominates the wardrobe. I am really loving Loud Apparel's collection as they are incorporating some interesting shapes. They are taking a simple style dress and making it unique by adding an asymmetrical hem or a voluptuous shape. I'll definitely be adding some pieces to Edith's wardrobe!








MICUMACU

I am so glad I saw this brand, Micumacu from Barcelona. Two ladies, Montse and Eva, use to be graphic designers came together to create a wonderful dress up brand for parities. It's such a great idea as kids love to play dress up. Their prints are so cute and everything is well made. 





MILK AND ROCK

Oh boy do I have a treat for you. Milk and Rock from Portugal are just divine. I had a lovely time speaking with the designers. Their collection is solid and as a buyer you don't want to just buy one or two pieces you want to buy the whole collection as it sits so well together. And I believe they are just going to explode this season!






MISS POIS

For those who love beautiful chic clothing, Miss Pois from Italy ticks those boxes. I really loved the look of the collection, very chic and clean. The vibrate colours were eye catching taking  the simplicity of the garments to a whole other level. A very pretty collection.





NUNUNU

Oh I just love NUNUNU from Israel. They are absolutely brilliant and the designers are just too cool. They get a parent like myself that wants a simple design, in a nice quality fabric at a good price. This season they are bring out the numbers and some really nice shapes! Looking forward to this next collection hitting the stores!






WINKBABY

A lovely new brand for the under 1's. This is nice to see, someone focusing on the babies. And they are using traditional gamcha fabric woven in a worker's cooperative in Bangladesh on hand looms. It's a beautiful collection.






JAKE AND MAYA COLLECTIVE

I have had the lovely opportunity to work with Tze Ching from Jake and Maya Collective, so I know first hand about what she is trying to accomplish with her collective. Jake and Maya work with designers from around the UK to bring you a beautiful but sustainable collection. Tze Ching is trying to get us to think about reusing materials around us instead of making more. Her new collection the Circus is eye catching and all made to order just for your little one. I am so very lucky to have some baby pieces in this collection. So have a look! They are now touring London for six weeks with the Circus Collection offering workshops and the chance to buy the collection. Check out their website for tour dates and a workshop in your area!











THE TRENDS FOR SPRING/SUMMER 2014


SCIENCE FAIR




ODE TO THE SEA



JUNGLE BOOK



REAL NOSTALGIA




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...