Tuesday 19 March 2013

Kukkia Wooden Toys


 


I've always been a big fan of wooden toys, even before Edith was born. Wooden toys seem to last forever and over the years their wear tells a story of past extravaganzas had with the children that loved them. And now that I have Edith I'm always looking for unique wooden toys for her to keep and cherish for a lifetime. 

I was very excited when I came across Kukkia! I am a huge fan of Japanese fashion and conceptual design and when you mix this with wooden toys, it's pure genius.

Kukkia means 'to bloom' in Finnish and Kuki means 'stem' in Japanese. This name is very important as the stem is the carrier for all life from the roots to the flower. Kukkia wants to help your child blossom while using their imaginations to create, change, and re-invent how to play while using their toys.

Kukkia has two collections gg* and kiko+. The gg* Collection is made up of subtle, soft muted colours that show the natural grain of the wood and are finished with bee's wax. The kiko+ Collection uses funky vivid colours on matt and unvarnished surfaces so your child can feel the texture of the wood.  

I just love the Sushi Set and the London Machi! Check out Kukkia's amazing selection here:
http://kukkia.co.jp/english/








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...